What Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may store the information you submit to or through the Services, as well as information we collect in connection with your use of the Services. We use this information to provide analytics, visualizations and summaries back to other users, including you, and our business customers.
Users of our system may use this information to improve their awareness on a topic or make a quick and reasonable decision on the topic.
Users of our system may use this information to improve the quality of their service if it is relevant. For example, if you are running a business and some other users created a topic about your business. Then you can use this information in that topic to improve the quality of your business if applicable.
Among the information we collect, please note:
- Account Information. If you create a user account on Impulz Inc, we may store and use your full name, e-mail address. We will not, however, publish personal data that includes your e-mail address to 3rd parties.
- Topic association. When you comment on a topic, we will associate your account with that topic. That gives us the ability to find out who has commented on which topic. We may use this information to analyse how different users are interacting with the topic. Parts of this information may also be presented back to other users.
- Information Provided Without User Account. You are permitted to use the Services without creating a user account. However, you must be aware that even if you do not create a user account, you may not necessarily be fully anonymous and could still be personally identifiable to us through your IP address or location or to others by Your Content and personal information you post. Without creating an account, you can add comments on public topics.
- Use of Your Content: The information that you post to the Services is intended for public viewing, including comments and ratings, and by supplying Your Content, you give Impulz Inc permission to publish your comments, feedback and posts through the “TagIt” platform. We may also display this information on the Services and share it with our business customers.
- Communications: When you use the Services, you are consenting to communications from Impulz Inc and its business customers, whether or not you have created a user account. Note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from Impulz Inc.
- Services Activity: We may store information about your use of the Services. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Services, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
- Location. We read your geo location in the following scenarios. (1) When you create a “Topic” from your mobile app. This geo-coordinates will be stored on the server and will be used to show the topic to other users searching for topics in the area. (2) When you add comments (“Tags”) on topic from your mobile app. This geo-coordinates will be stored on the server and will be used for determining the proximity of active users on the topic. (3) When you list the “Nearby” topics. These geo-coordinates are not stored on the server, but used to locate the topics in the proximity.
Types of Cookies used on the Services include:
- Processes: Used to make the Services work in the way you expect it to. Example: a Cookie tells us if you have already signed up for an account.
- Authentication, Security, and Compliance: Used to prevent fraud, protect your data from unauthorized parties, and comply with legal requirements. Example: a Cookie tells us if you are logged in.
- Preferences: Used to remember information about how you prefer the Services to behave and look. Example: a Cookie tells us whether you have declined to allow us to use your phone’s geolocation data.
- Notifications: Used to allow notice of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Services. Example: a Cookie allows us to stop showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.
- It may be possible to disable some (but not all) Cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect your ability to use the Services. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings.
We may share information about you with third parties as follows:
- Service Providers: Some of our Servcies may be provided by third-party providers. We may outsource some of Impulz Inc’s functions to third-party providers, such as technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, and other services. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests.
- Aggregate Information: We may share parts of user the information and Your Content in the aggregate with third parties, including our business customers. When you add comments on topics, the topic owner will have full access to the contents of your comment, time, rating, location and parts of your user information. Depending on the level of business agreement with the topic owner and Impulz inc, the topic owner will have different levels of visibility into Your Content.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services; or (c) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
Data Retention and Account Termination
The Services is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us here. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The information we obtain from or about you may be processed and stored in the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than the country in which you reside. We comply with the EU & Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Frameworks as set forth by the United States Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union and Switzerland. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement. We will respond to requests relating to personal data within 30 days. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://export.gov/safeharbor.